5 Tips to Choose the Right Roof Contractor
If you are looking for a roof contractor, you may want to check these tips listed by Shalini Madhav to get yourself a right contractor and differentiate them from the not-so-good ones. Below is the advice from the article:
- Get Local Referrals. Before you get referrals from other places, it is always best to check references from your place. This way, the contractor will be familiar with the weather condition in your area, and the same people will know them.
- Manufacturer Designations. This is not a requirement, but it would be best if you can hire one with a manufacturer designation. This is like a certification given to a few contractors like a mark of honor.
- Research Better Business Bureau (BBB). When looking for a contractor, it is best to get a company that is registered with BBB, and that doesn’t have any bad records or outstanding complaints.
- Get an Extensive Warranty. Get a contractor that offers a warranty and one with the longest warranty, if possible. Just in case anything happens or you see problems after the new roof has been placed, then you can always have someone who will do follow-ups and continuously check for fixes.
- Licensing and Insurance. Lastly, when hiring contractors, ensure that the company has insurance for all its employees as well as subcontractors. During the hiring process, you can require the licensing and insurance information of the contractor for your reference.
With these tips, you are sure to have a right roof contractor who will assist you with all your roofing needs.