Cleaning and Maintaining Your Roof
Since your roof generally protects you and your family, you need to make sure that regular maintenance is generously done to avoid big problems. As suggested in this article, you should be checking up on your roof during FALL and SPRING to ensure its readiness for the changes in weather. Also, if there is recent heavy snowfall or windstorm, you should check your roof for any damages.
Once you’re done checking your roof, and you were able to spot damages, check to see if you can fix this and if not, hire a professional to do this for you.
Below are some of the things you need to watch for when maintaining your roof:
- After a snowstorm, use a special snow rake to remove the excess snow as well as the added pressure on your roof.
- Remove any debris, may it be dried leaves or branches as it may damage your roof, block downspouts, and cause leaks.
- Remove any signs of mold, algae, or fungus as it may eat up your roof.
- Trim any trees near your roof as it may cause damages if the branches fall off your roof, and it could also be an animal’s way into your house.
- Check your roof for bird droppings as it contains high acid and could cause severe damage to your roof.
- Check for any cracked, missing, or loose shingles.
These tips indicated above could be your essential checklist when looking at your roof, but there are still more things you need to watch out for while maintaining your roof.