Which Roof Type is Right for You?
This article discusses the different type of roofs and what is best for you. This information is critical, considering that your roof is an essential part of your home. Choosing the right roof type for your home protects you and your family daily. Moreover, your roof defines the look of your home provided that it is well maintained from the inside to the outside.
Roof Installation Costs
Based on the article, the average cost to install a roof is $6,364 but will still be determined by the size, style, and material of your roof.
Shape and Size of Roof
The size and shape of your roof are dependent on the size and shape of your home. Below are some ideas enlisted in this article:
- Flat Roofs
- Gambrel or Barn
Types of Roofing Materials
Below are sample roof type materials provided in this article:
- Roll Roofing – least expensive and a not very common option due to its longevity.
- Asphalt Shingles – great choice due to its easy maintenance and affordability
- Wood Shingles or Shakes – this material is great if you want to go for the vintage look in your roof
- Metal Roofs – The best choice for an energy-efficient roof. Metal roofs are also durable and cost-effective.
- Slate – an expensive option but it does add value to your home’s exterior.
Choose your Color Wisely
If you live in an area that tends to get hot, you should choose a lighter-colored roof. To be sure on what to choose as your roof color, you can always ask a professional to do this for you.